Wednesday

Living Room Part III.... Window Treatments

After several attempts at making roman shades for the upper windows in the living room, I ended up scrapping them.  For whatever reason, they just didn't look "right" to me.

These are the "balloon" valances I made years ago... later they were replaced with vintage bark cloth.


I think the roman shades bothered me because they are very tailored and hung flat inside the window casings.  The fact that the upper windows are so much smaller in height than the lower ones made the pleated shades look weird.

So I stuck with what works... for now, at least.


A $10 drop cloth from Big Lots and a few hours later, and this is what I wound up with.  Just as an aside, I've used drop cloths before (including the upholstery on the foot stool shown).  I've always bought them at Home Depot, and even after washing them they've always been a little stiff (which is not necessarily a bad thing for some projects...).  But the one I  bought at Big Lots was a much lighter weight and was a better choice for the window treatments.  It's not as darkening as the other cloths, either.

I would have taken a shot of all of the windows, but the foot stool is the only other thing in the room right now and things are lookin' pretty sparse!

How long until Thanksgiving?  I need to get hot!





Linking to..

freckled laundryshabby creek cottage




1 comment:

  1. They look amazing. I'm still on the search for curtains or some kind of window decor for my home. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
    Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/
    P.S. I have another giveaway going on right now. Would love you to stop by and check it out.
    P.P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...