Wednesday

Stickin' to it!

After reading this post a while back, I started playing around with the idea of making some crates for my soaps and linen sprays.  Add to that some ASCP and a fifteen-year-old who just completed a carpentry class at school, and I was in business!


After a little paint, some distressing, and a light wax & buff, the team came up with this:


I've since tackled the "Buck Bros." (no lie...real name) Miter Box and have managed to cut and assemble these, as well as a few other versions on my own.


(3 Votive Candle Holder in Graphite with Vanillé Noir Hand-Poured Votives)

Love me some Home Depot (and the nice folks in the paint department wondering what on earth anyone needs with 2 dozen paint sticks!).  They should see what I've done with last week's molding...

**Helpful Tip:  You can get the paint sticks (a few at a time, or so) for free from Home Depot.  I've tried buying them from HD in larger quantities, but they always (politely) decline and ask me how many I want for free...  I've gotten up to 18 or so.  Wal-Mart sells them for .50 each- however; the wood is slightly thinner and a lot softer.  The ones from WM tend to split really bad when you go to staple/nail them together. I could have sworn I read somewhere that a person was able to BUY them from HD by the bundle.... but so far, no luck here.





Linking to...


Domestically Speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts...

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...