Friday

Which Came First...


Okay...it's obvious I have a thing for signs.  And I could sit at my computer for hours using Photoshop- especially when I get an idea in my head.  My Mother's birthday is coming up soon, and I wanted to make something I knew she'd like.  My parents don't read my blog (heck, I have to call them ahead of time if I send them an email) so she hasn't seen any of the vintage signs I've been creating.

The creative juices must have been flowing pretty good on this day.... I had the design done in less than an hour and I love the way it turned out!  The frame was really what inspired me- it's an odd size (12 " square on the inside dimensions) and came just as you see it.... distressing and all.  It's the first one I've made when I haven't had to paint, wax and buff the frame before I could put it all together. And my Mother has a blue kitchen, so it was meant to be!

I have one identical frame left in my stash so I may have to make one for myself!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!













6 comments:

  1. Love it Lora! Pinned it, thanks for linking up at Inspiration Monday!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over, Debbie (and hosting as well). I found a lot of great ideas and some really good recipes. I've added you to my reader and can't wait to return next week!

      Delete
  2. Love it! it would look perfect in. Y farmhouse styled kitchen. Great job and it looks professionally done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy! I just got back from visiting my parents... the sign was a gift for my Mother for her birthday and she loved it! I'll have to make one for myself now!

      Delete
  3. I love it! That would look awesome in a country kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I can't wait to see where my Mom has hung it when I go back to visit!

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome and much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts...

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...