Monday

A Cool Use for a Spool....

"Trend-setter" is not a term that would be applied to me... or my style of atire!  I tend to stick with the classics (navy blue is my favorite color....I know BORING) and I rarely shop for myself.

My sons on the other hand.... we'll just say they dress better than I do!

That being said- I do love vintage.  Hats, purses, gloves... you name it.  And I actually USE the pieces as often as the occasion allows (and considering how often my man & I go out.... we'll just say I like to display them, too!) This is a vintage child's fur muff that I picked up last year.... love it & it's sooo soft!


I happened to stop at a new vintage clothing store on the beach a few weeks back and found the coolest hat.  I've been wanting a few "new to me" accessories for my bedroom and the hat was perfect.  I wanted it on a hat stand... something I could change out with the seasons.  After searching around all the junk stores, antique malls and Goodwill I was coming up empty handed.

Then I saw this..... and a lightbulb went off...



Perfect and a mere $5!

And here it is serving its new purpose....



Next up.... the before & after table. 

It's back to school for us starting today (how many other mothers had their children out at the bus stop 20 minutes early????  Just sayin'...you know.... in case the bus came earlier this year!)

Just ME?  Have a great Monday (I'm heading out to get those school supplies!)






4 comments:

  1. That's a great use for it, Lora! Love that muff you found ~ I had a white one when I was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy... thanks for stopping by. I'll be over shortly for a visit and to see what you've got going on!

      Lora

      Delete
  2. I love this idea. I have a few of those spools too. I'm your newest follower. Come check out my blog when you have a second at http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geri.....

      I'll be sure to check-in in the next day or so. Thank you for following along with me!

      Lora

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome and much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts...

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...