Monday

The Dining Room - Fireplace Side....

It's been a whirlwind of "catching up" around here over the past couple of weeks.... my apologies for my absence (I have duly chastised myself and have recorded my poor performance on my permanent record, lol!)

Outside of my grown-up job,  kids, "taxi duty" and life in general, I have found time to wrap up a few projects around the house.



























I re-worked the fireplace surround on the dining room side.  You can read about the process and before & afters of the Living Room side here.  


This is where I started...





























(yes.... those are candles in the firebox!  For the holidays, I had them nestled in greenery and holly from the yard.  After the holidays..... just sad!)



























Using the same technique from the opposite side and these products...



























a few hours later, we wound up with this...





























No grout yet.... but I did decide to tile that small area just above the molding and below the firebox, just to pull it all together.  You can see that portion in the first photo.

As far as the firebox...



























check back tomorrow for the reveal.  Less than one hour and $20, and it looks SOOO much better!





Linking this to...

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts...

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...