Tuesday

Lesson Learned....

subtitled... "If you don't have time to do it right, you don't have time to do it twice!"...

My man's out of town this week.  He heads North every 6 - 8 weeks to visit his family, and as much as I may miss him when he's gone, I'd be lying if I didn't say I equally look forward to a little "me" time.  I fantasize for days about all of the projects I can do.  Things he'd normally either question or worse, stand watching over my shoulder while I'm doing it.  Ahhhh... the freedom of a few days.

As I said...  lesson learned, my friends... lesson learned


This is the front door to my house... it's an old picture before we started painting, etc.  It's hard to see the actual wood door against that oh-so-red wall, but if you could see it up close, you'd see the crack in one of the panels, the uneven stain & the poly peeling all over the place...  

It's quite the entrance!


It only took me 3 hours yesterday to paint two coats of paint on it and transform it from my ugly wooden door to what I thought was the perfect entrance to our home.  Lesson learned...

The first coat went on smooth as silk, I tell ya'.  I waited two hours and then started to put on the second coat.  It was getting later in the afternoon and the sun was going down, so I had to set the flood lamp up to see.  Hmmm... what are all of those marks?  How come coat one looked great and coat two is bubbling and it's all streaky- like ?  Maybe I should have "kilzed" it like I was gonna....(like my man would have, had he been here.... watching over my shoulder)

No matter.... smooth it out and continue on.  It'll dry just fine.... Lesson learned...

After dinner, the boys went downstairs to watch TV... "Hey, guys... don't shut the front door all the way.  I want to make sure the paint dries.  We'll just lock the storm door tonight when we go to bed".  (we leave our keys in the car, too.... but that's another post for another day).


This is what I'm doing today.... what took 3 hours to paint will take me 10 to remove!  And then I'll wood fill the split it one of the panels, sand that down, Kilz the door, and repaint the whole thing tomorrow.  And I'll remove the hardware, too, instead of using my fingernail to pick the paint off the handle...


And for those reading this that can relate... save yourself the trouble and just go out and tell that certain someone "hey, ya know what?  ... you're always right".  Call it bankin' one for da' future!

... and hon, when you're reading this, just tell me how great the door looks.  Feel free to ignore the rest.


I know already!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts...

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...