Friday

In desperate need of accessories...

 The re-make of the living room continues.... no matter that I don't have any furniture in the room, I need stuff on the walls and cute stuff laying around.

Couch? Chairs?  Who needs it?  I'm sure my kids and their friends would be more than happy to simply stand around in our living room.... admiring the lovely decor and commenting on how luck my family is to have a room uncluttered by comfortable seating....

Much to the dismay of my man, my children, and most likely my friends.... this is how my mind works.

I mean, what good is it to have a "new room" if you just have to put all of your "old stuff" back in it?  Unfortunately, my mind and my wallet are very infrequently in unison.

This is one of the things I finished yesterday....


It's actually a bamboo floor mat I bought a couple of weeks ago that's a little too small for the entrance at the front door.

The "frame" is actually a canvas painting (like the ones you buy in the mall kiosks).  The canvas clips into the frame with a couple of metal pieces.  At first I thought I might use chalkboard paint to cover the canvas and hang it lengthwise.  I've seen all types of chalk boards on numerous blogs, but much as I like the way they look, I honestly couldn't see myself actually using it.  I guess I could leave messages for my kids, but they'd look at me like I'm crazier than they already think I am!

"Mom, what's the chalk board for?.... What happened to the picture?  What are you suppose to DO with it?"  This is only a portion of the conversation that would be playing over the next few days.

Instead, I used velcro to attach the mat to the canvas and clipped it into the frame.  And I love it!


And no one has asked me why there's a rug on the wall.....!







Linking here....

http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com/2011/11/meet-me-monday-12.html
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/2011/11/more-merrier-monday-37.html
http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2011/11/so-creative-party-tiime-13.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts...

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...