Saturday

Inspiration...


After seeing this on Miss Mustard Seeds' site...


I grabbed this...

Followed these instructions...



And was inspired to make this... (with the help of my man of all men)


I was really pleased with the way it turned out.... but I gotta' tell ya' those "bun feet" at the bottom.... not cheap!  I had the pillow, the batting to cover the pillow form, the wood to make the base, the material (aka drop cloth) and an image from The Graphic's Fairy to bring it all together.  But those "feet" at the base.... $5.45 a piece..... I'm thinkin' the man of all men can come up with a better alternative the next time around!

I think it would look good with a small pleat around it, but considering I made it for him that would be an  I don't think so....

But still... kinda' cute!














http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/


freckled laundry

2 comments:

  1. Cute footstool! I agree about the price of feet for stools-- wow, pricey!

    I did a footstool (slipcovered) with GraphicFairy images a month or so ago on my blog. Come peek, the post is called "B(ee)liss- The Ottoman" I think it was. Love your result!

    Visiting from BRAG MONDAY at GraphicsFairy today,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little footstool.

    The next time you are looking for feet for a project check out the fencing section at HD or Lowes. I've used fence post finials a couple times for projects. While they aren't round they are at least 1/2 the price of comparable sized bun feet.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts...

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...