Tuesday

A Cheap Fix for a Wood Burning Fireplace....

When we constructed the "man cave" downstairs for the boys last year, we had to move the gas line to the kitchen stove above.  My one day hope is to convert the dual-sided wood burning fireplace in the living room/dining room to gas.  So when we moved the gas line for the man cave, we added a second line and ran it up into the fireplace.



























Adding the line was fairly inexpensive since the walls, etc were already opened up. Not so if we were to go back and try and add it after the fact.

Retro-fitting the actual  firebox and chimney will not be cheap.  So that plan is on hold temporarily, but we have the line in place for the future. (these sad candles are what is left after the holidays.... minus greenery and holly!)

I liked the idea of candles.... but not like this!  This is what I came up with in the mean time...





















































Dirty fire bricks aside.... I am much happier with the results.

I spent $3.57 on a bag of landscaping pebbles at the Home Depot.  The iridescent glass "pebbles" are from the floral section at the Dollar Tree.... I used eight bags (clear and a greenish-blue).  The glass tea light holders are also from the Dollar Tree... they came in packs of 2.  Unfortunately, I am an "odd numbers" kinda' gal (or is that just odd?) and wanted 9 candles...not eight.  I've got an extra just in case!

Unfortunately, the candles come in packages of even numbers, too!  I think it's a conspiracy.... like hot dog buns versus hot dogs!



























But hey, for $18 and about thirty minutes of my time, I'm groovin' on my faux fireplace.  And when the time comes to actually put the gas line into use, everything is easily removed and repurposed!

Not bad, I say!





Sharing this project with...

Doin' It Yourself....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts...

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...