Thursday

Shoppin' the 'Rents House....

My parents are the original "collectors" in our family.  I can remember going to garage sales with my Mom on hot summer mornings.... rolling through the "good" neighborhoods in our Delta 88 looking for treasures.  It's something that has stuck with me to this day, and one of my fondest memories of spending time with my Mom.  That, and stopping for a snack at the lunch counter of our nearby Roses.... good times!

To say their house is jammed packed would be a slight overstatement.... but not by much!  Recently they have started "uncluttering" and this is what was slated to go to the Goodwill after Thanksgiving.



























Score one for me!  Now I just have to find a place for everything....

I told them when they started "uncluttering" the carnival glass collection, let me know... but I won't be holding my breath!





Linking to....


Making Lemonade

2 comments:

  1. Great finds! Good thing you saved them from going to Goodwill!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent many a Saturday at yard sales and flea markets, too. Picked up a love of vintage from my mom! As for her castoffs, wow, you SCORED. Just let me know next time she wants to get rid of more, and so I'll know when to time my visit to Goodwill. ;-)

    Thanks for linking up to Refresh Your Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts...

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...