Wednesday

Updated Wash Stand...


This wash stand is probably one of the easiest and quickest updates I've ever done.  I found it on Craigs List a while back, and overall it was in pretty good condition.  The top just needed a little work.

(The drop down desk shown behind it is another piece finished that I'll share another time)

I usually don't go for pine or light colored furniture... I like it somewhat darker, but decided to wait to finish the top until I had painted the entire piece. I'm glad I did.


I painted it in ASCP Duck Egg Blue (with a little Old White, to lighten the color).  One coat of Light Oak on the top and clear wax, and the interior was cleaned and left in its original state.  The hardware was wiped down and left as is, too.

This is one of those pieces I wish I had kept, as I could see it in so many different rooms for different purposes.  I ended up selling it inside of 2 weeks after I took it to the shop.

Guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for another one...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts...

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...